It's been a while since I did one of these. I've been posting funny and peculiar links to facebook, mostly. I'll go back for a trawl.
* Beer Meringue Pie. I have to do this one day.
* Undead themed wedding cakes: the good and the bad, as collected by cakewrecks.
* And look at this: Mexican gelatine art. This is just amazing - is it a bunch of flowers?
And moving away from the food theme:
* This collection of 1920s cartoon LOLcats has grown to over 1000. Someone has far too much time on their hands.
* I don't think I know anyone who would knit me a jumper, and I can't knit, but I love this one. Owls! So cute!
* Sita Sings the Blues is an entire animated movie, available for free under creative commons. It's a fascinating construction - multiple animation styles, interweaving the ancient story of Rama and Sita with a modern story, and modern commentary (by shadow puppets) on the old story. All this, and a track of 1920s blues/jazz songs by Annette Hanshaw.
* We saw Meow Meow recently. She's an amazing artist: see her if you ever get the chance. Some blurbs: "vamped-up kamikaze cabaret and exotica performance art", "From the psychotic to cool to kitsch cabaret, multimedia performance art and virtuosic contemporary opera". "Stranded somewhere between the Middle Ages, 1930’s Shanghai show tunes, 60’s French pop, witty wicked Weimar and post-punk thrash..."