Wednesday 13 May 2009

I wish I had one of these

A frying pan with a temperature sensor in the handle! How amazing is that! And the handle can be removed for washing, too.

Tonight we ate turkey steaks with a quinoa, kale, red capsicum and almond pilaf, loosely based on this recipe. And then I cooked up the last of the ricotta pancake batter for dessert. Three days later, it's not as good as it was. The batter has been covered, in the fridge, of course. It separated slightly, but could be mixed back together and fried up. It doesn't rise as fluffy as the first time, but the pancakes are still OK.

Of course, as is traditional with all pancakes, the first one is lousy. While usually my first pancake is tough from too slow cooking, with this mix, it's easy to burn it by cooking too fast instead. If only I had one of those frying pans...

No comments: