Recipe: Couscous Porridge with Honey and Orange Apricots
2 tablespoons honey
200g dried apricots
Extra honey, nuts and cinnamon to taste
Prepare the apricot compote in advance.
- Zest and juice the orange.
- Chop the dried apricots finely.
- Just barely cover the dried apricots and orange zest with boiling water.
- Let soak until cool, then drain off a little of the water and add the orange juice.
- Soak overnight, and mash roughly with a fork.
- Put the couscous, 500ml milk and 2 tablespoons honey in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add a little extra milk or water if it's getting too thick; it should be quite wet.
- Serve with a dollop of the apricot mix, a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and some toasted pistachios or almonds.